Monday, February 16, 2015

banana bread vanishes



It’s strange.
I don't know if I have disappeared or I've got lost.
I have sailed away.
I dreamed a dream.
Seventeen days without waking.
Fantasy world where I walked through clouds, felt wind power, lived in a sea.
And then I woke up.
The smell of baked bananas woke me!


Banana bread
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3 bananas
1 cup milk (3,8% milk fat or regular milk)
3/4 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 180oC. Line loaf tin (length 34cm) with a baking paper.
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until everything is well combined.  
Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for about one hour and ten minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment