Saturday, March 14, 2015

rosemary bread

Sometimes, being tired means you have made double yeast bread.
I don't usually use butter in bread recipes, but pictures of herbed bread made by always with butter look so seducing and tempting to try. Therefore I decided to follow blindly their recipe. 
It was evening hours already when I started to mix ingredients. And since I had only rosemary it was more then logical to make rosemary bread instead. I set down and read the lines from a blog before approaching the kitchen. One spoon of yeast and two spoons of salt ended up as two tablespoonfuls of yeast and one teaspoon of salt. Why would they use that much yeast!? I wondered while kneading the dough with hands whilst my mixer slept soundly. Don't think! Follow the recipe and don't ask questions. If you have decided to follow the recipe then do it! This was not me, this was the voice coming from my tired me.
The story ends here. 
How beautiful herbed bread ended up being beautiful super yeasty rosemary bread.

herbed bread by always with butter
4 1/2 cups (566g) bread flour
1 cup (236ml) warm water
1/2 cup (114g) melted butter mixed
with 3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
(I used a mix of chives & thyme)
2 tsp sea salt + additional for sprinkling
1 tbsp dry active yeast
olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a stand
mixer with a dough hook. Mix on low
for 10 minutes. You should now be
able to stretch it without it tearing.
Place in an oiled bowl and let rise for
4 hours, it should be at least doubled.

Oven 450.
Knead for 1 to 2 minutes. Place in an
oiled dutch oven and cut a deep X on the
top. Rub the top with olive oil and
sprinkle with salt. Put lid on and bake
for 30 minutes. Take lid off and bake
for an additional 15 to 30 until a
nice golden brown. Let cool.

Recipe from Pioneer Woman

rosemary bread by my kitchen kiosk 






No comments:

Post a Comment