Tuesday, June 26, 2018

red rubies

Nibbling and/or just jamming?
I find redcurrants similar to pomegranate seeds. Summer version, lighter and more transparent red rubies. In general, berries I like fresh, room temperature, piled in a bowl near my hand. So I can easily grab few whenever. Also I don't like when they are 'wet', after you shower your berries always use extra kitchen paper towels and let them dry well. This way they will keep longer in fridge plus they will not get soggy. 
This is (and is not) a recipe for a jam. It's more like a summer morning ritual which I tend to practice often as I can. The quantities I use are hilarious, but hey this way I can 'practice' almost every day. You get few spoons of luxury fruit spread in minutes, which you rather eat right away or maybe leave soupcon for tomorrow.






































Jam session / cooking time 2 minutes
100g red rubies (redcurrants), stems removed
50g jam sugar 
squeeze of lemon (about 1 tbsp)
2-3 drops of rose water (optional)

Place fruits and sugar in a small heavy saucepan on a high heat. Once it starts boiling keep stirring for a whole one minute. Add lemon juice and keep on stirring and cooking for another minute. Take off the heat and add few drops of rose water.  
Spoon the jam into sterilized glass jar and leave to cool. Don't put the lead on until it is cooled to room temperature. 




No comments:

Post a Comment